A compounding pharmacy makes custom medication tailored to individual needs. For example:
- If you are allergic to an inactive ingredient in a prescribed medication, such as a preservative or dye, our pharmacist can make that medication without the inactive ingredient.
- If your child cannot swallow pills, we can make a liquid option that she can ingest more easily.
- If you take hormones, your body may react better to bioidentical hormone therapy.
At The Medicine Shoppe® Pharmacy, our focus is on your health and wellness. Talk to our pharmacist about using compounding to tailor your medication to your unique needs. Together with your doctor, we can find a treatment that works for you.
Benefits of Compounding
- Unique dosage forms compounded to make administration easier
- Examples: Oral Suspensions, Lollipops, Topical Creams/Gels/Ointments, Capsules
- Medications free of problem causing dyes/fillers/preservatives
- Flavorings for people and animalsCustom medication strengths
We offer a variety of compounding services to suit our patients’ needs. Please call us if you do not see what you are looking for.
We offer female and male hormone compounds tailored to suit your hormone restoration needs.
Pain Management/Sports Medicine
Topical and transdermal creams/gels can be formulated to provide medication at the site of application to decrease pain and inflammation.
We’ve got your skin covered with a wide array of compounded products to meet your needs. We work with doctors to create custom wart medications, itch lotions, cream combination and toe drops to name a few.
We can compound medications to suit your child’s weight and favorite flavor when commercially available products do not suit your child’s individual needs.
We work with your animal’s veterinarian to solve the medications needs of your pets. We can create custom medication forms and flavors to solve administration problems for your sneaky furry friends who always seem to eat the treat but not the medication.